Monday, January 20, 2014

Complete in Thee


Complete in Thee—each want supplied,
And no good thing to me denied;
Since Thou my portion, Lord, wilt be, 
I ask no more, complete in Thee.

No good thing. That is not a small statement and yet it comes straight from Psalm 84: "For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly." No good thing. Just think about those words for a minute. I can't get them out of my mind, mostly because they prove my lack of faith. Not too long ago, I was reading Genesis and I laughed at Abram's lack of faith in chapter 15. God comes to Abram and says, "Do not be afraid, Abram. I  your shield, your exceedingly great reward." And what is Abram's response? "
God, what will You give me, seeing I go childless..?" Wow. He really missed it, didn't he? "I am," says the I Am, and Abram says, "And what else?" hmm. 
Yet here I am, a doubting Abram. 
I wrote a blog this week for The CI Journal. My post was about Faith and the verse I have been meditating on is 2 Timothy 2:13: "If we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot deny himself." I've found this holds the truth of my only hope. I can't have enough faith or belief or strength to even hold to the Rock, but He cannot fail. 

He cannot deny Himself. That's me! I don't have to try to have enough faith. I am now literally part of Christ and He will be both faithful and heal my faith. He's good. This truth will never fail, because He will never fail. 

Praise our Father! He proved Himself so faithful over this past Christmas season. We had many great times with our students and friends sharing about Jesus' birth. We also finished teaching for the semester and are now teaching a few Bible and English camps around Taiwan and Hong Kong over our 5 week break. Please pray for a restful, refreshing time with friends and family. Pray that God would heal our teammate's back. She has been struggling with nerve pain for the past few months. Most of all, pray we would find our strength and joy in our Father.


Love,

Anna

1 comment:

  1. I read this a couple weeks ago. :) It is like a little slap in the face to think about how much I haven't trusted God in the past and looking back I can see what He's done and how He lead.

    ReplyDelete